Personally Identifiable Information
“Personally Identifiable Information” is information provided voluntarily to us by you that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name that Plant Splendor may collect and store. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your Personally Identifiable Information on this Site:
- We may collect your first and last name, mailing address and billing information if you purchase a product or service on this Site.
- We may collect registration details about a product you purchase from Plant Splendor. This information may be tied to your name and mailing address.
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, phone number or product or service details if you contact us with a question related to our products or services.
- We may collect your first and last name, mailing information, email address and phone number if you register for Plant Splendor’ newsletter.
- We may collect your first and last name, mailing information, email address and billing information if you download information from this Site.
- We may collect your first and last name, date of birth and email address if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes.
The above list only provides examples of the types of Personally Identifiable Information that may be collected on this Site. If you do not want Plant Splendor to collect your Personally Identifiable Information, please do not provide it to us.
By submitting a telephone number to Plant Splendor you agree that a representative of Plant Splendor can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our products and/or services.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information Collected Via this Site
We may use Personally Identifiable Information that is collected on this Site for the following purposes:
- To deliver services.
- To alert you of special offers, promotions, sweepstakes and products or services from Plant Splendor.
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion.
- To ensure this Site is relevant to your needs.
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of this Site.
- To contact you in response to sign up forms such as “Contact Us” or other inquiry.
Sharing and Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
Plant Splendor may share selected Personally Identifiable Information to help manage our business for things that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you purchase or download an item from this Site, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information in order to provide the item to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. In addition, if you purchase a product via this Site, we may need to share your data with third parties in order to have that product delivered to you. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Site and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on Plant Splendor’ behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Site will have access to users’ Personally Identifiable Information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us.
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to comply with the requirements of law or requests from law enforcement or government agencies, to comply with legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of Plant Splendor, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users.
- To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from this Site. In the course of such verification, we may receive Personally Identifiable Information about you from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with us, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
- Plant Splendor may leverage Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, AdSense and similar analytics and/or internet-based advertising tools to help us improve on marketing techniques and utilize consumer information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information and Cookies
We automatically collect certain information when you use this Site. For example, we may collect identifying information that allows us to track the number of users of this Site and the way users navigate through this Site. The types of identifying information collected may include the date and time you use this Site, the search terms that you use, the content you view, the products you purchase, your IP address and associated location information, as well as the operating software and browser being used to access or use this Site.
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” may be technical or demographic information, such as your age, location, gender or interests. Non-Personally Identifiable Information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the Non-Personally Identifiable Information that is collected via this Site:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address — Your IP address is a number that identifies each computer participating in a computer network.
- Cookie — A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on this Site or to track users across the Internet. For example, when someone visits a page within this Site, a cookie is placed on the user’s machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited this Site previously. Some of the cookies we use may be flash cookies or Adobe cookies. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users to our Site.
- Web Beacons (also known as “clear gifs,” “web bugs” or “pixel tags”) — “Web Beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. Web Beacons may be used to count users who have visited certain pages of this Site and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Web Beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Web Beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
- Product Information — We may collect registration information or other details with respect to a product or service you have ordered or requested.
- In some of our email messages to you, we may use a “click-through URL.” When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the website that is your destination. We track click-throughs to help us determine your interest in particular topics and to measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. We use the information we collect to provide you with more relevant advertisements. This statistical information is also used to monitor the usage of this Site and for advertising purposes. This information does not include Personally Identifiable Information.
- We may collect the above Non-Personally Identifiable Information from all visitors to our Site. If you do not want Plant Splendor to have access to this information, please do not visit our Site.
Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collected Via this Site
Non-Personally Identifiable Information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws.
We may combine Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information collected from other sources, such as cookies, Web Beacons or outside sources.
Sharing of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
You must be 18 years of age or older to use this Site. This Site is not intended for children under the age of thirteen. Plant Splendor does not knowingly collect or solicit any Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of thirteen or knowingly allow such persons to use this Site. If you are under thirteen, please do not attempt to register on this Site or send us any Personally Identifiable Information. If you have reason to believe that we have collected any Personally Identifiable Information from someone under thirteen years of age, please have the child’s parent or guardian contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time, we communicate with users who subscribe to our services via email. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. You have consented to receiving such emails by providing your email address.
International Transfer of Information
If you are visiting this Site from outside the United States and provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, please note that your Personally Identifiable Information may be transferred, stored and processed within the United States. The data protection or privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
By interacting with this Site, you are consenting to the transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information and you understand that Plant Splendor may transfer that information to its affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
Registration Data and Your Obligation to Keep Your Access Rights Secure
You promise to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by a registration form. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of this Site. You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security of which you become aware. You are responsible for taking precautions and providing security measures best suited for your situation and the intended use of the registration and Site.
Third Party Web Sites
This Site may contain links to other third party web sites. Plant Splendor does not endorse and is not responsible for any third party web sites, products, services or business practices.
Bankruptcy; Mergers and Acquisitions; Assignment
If we should ever file for bankruptcy or merge with another company, or if we should decide to buy, sell or reorganize some part or all of our business, we may be required to disclose your information, including to prospective or actual acquirers in connection with one of these transactions. We may also sell, rent, disclose or transfer your Personally Identifiable or Non-Personally Identifiable Information to a successor entity in the event of a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets or other corporate changes respecting Plant Splendor.
Plant Splendor Security
Any information that you transfer to Plant Splendor is done at your own risk. Plant Splendor makes reasonable efforts to secure our systems. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of firewalls and secure server software. The safeguards we use reflect, in a commercially reasonable manner, the nature of the information you have supplied to us and the nature and scope of our business.
Plant Splendor does not make any warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that Plant Splendor will be able to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access to or alteration of, Personally Identifiable Information or information you transmit to us through this Site or otherwise. Therefore, by submitting any information to us through the Site, you do so at your own risk.
If you are a resident of California, effective January 1, 2020, you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
- to know what categories of Personal Information about you we have collected and used, including how the Personal Information was collected;
- to know what categories of Personal Information are being sold or disclosed and if it is being sold or disclosed to third parties and a list of categories of information that are sold, or, to know that your personal information has not been sold;
- to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, if applicable;
- to access your Personal Information, including the right to download or transfer Personal Information collected during the previous 12 months;
- to request that your Personal Information be deleted; and,
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Contacting Plant Splendor